1) The website forms part of the contract. The Roost (“the Property”) is hired on the express understanding that the Property is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the hirer or anyone in the hirer’s party.
2) All reservations are contractually binding once confirmed in writing. Deposits must be received within one week of your making the reservation or we may re-advertise the availability on our website. The hirer is the person named as such on the written booking form and no-one else. The hirer must be 18 years old or older.
3) The balance of the hire must be paid 8 weeks before the arrival date, otherwise we reserve the right to treat the reservation as cancelled and re-advertise availability on our website.
4) Cancellations and alterations policy:
i) In the event of a cancellation more than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the Property will be re-advertised as available. If the Property is re-let, the deposit will be refunded in full less a £15 administration charge. If we are unable to re-let, the deposit is non-refundable.
ii) In the event of a cancellation less than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the balance), the Property will be re-advertised as available, which may need to include late availability discounts. If the Property is re-let, the balance will be refunded less the discounts of the re-let and a £15 administration charge. If the accommodation is re-let at the original advertised price, the balance will be paid in full less a £15 administration charge.
iii) In the event of a request for change of dates more than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the booking will be transferred to the new date (subject to availability) and the deposit will be transferred in full, with no administration charge. If there is no availability on the requested changed dates, the policy in condition 4(ii) above applies, because this situation amounts to a late cancellation if we do not achieve a re-let.
iv) In the event of a request for change of dates less than 8 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the balance), the policy in condition 4(ii) above applies, because this situation amounts to a late cancellation if we do not achieve a re-let.
v) If a hirer’s holiday is cut short, for whatever reason, the hirer remains liable for the full amount already paid.
5) The number of persons using The Roost is not to exceed 4 adults/children, unless by prior arrangement with the owner. No inflatable or camp beds in the Property are allowed.
6) Unless otherwise agreed, The Roost is available from 3:00pm on arrival day until 10am on departure day.
7) Care of the Property. We undertake to make the Property available to the hirer in a clean and tidy state and to maintain services and facilities in a proper workable condition.
i) It is the hirer’s responsibility to read and understand the contents of the Property Guide on arrival and to pay specific attention to those instructions for lighting and managing the wood burner. It is the hirer’s responsibility to share those instructions with other members of their party.
ii) If there is a fault, or a problem occurs we will make best efforts to keep any delay or inconvenience to an absolute minimum while we rectify. Details of local assistance with any issues at the Property are in the Property Guide provided at the Property.
iii) The hirer and their party undertakes to take good care of the Property along with its contents and facilities.
iv) The hirer undertakes to inform the owner or caretaker immediately of any articles within or associated with the Property that have been damaged, lost or broken during their stay, and to reimburse for the cost of such articles. The owners of The Roost will contact the hirer within one week after departure regarding request for payment for any breakages and damage to the Property and the effects of damage to the property and its contents. The hirer is responsible for the care and insurance of their own personal effects.
v) The hirer and their party will ensure that the Property is vacated on time and the Property and grounds are left in a truly clean and tidy state.
vi) The owner reserves the right to request and receive, as a condition of the hirer’s booking, a contingent damage payment (see ‘Damage Deposit’) from which to make deductions of payments required under clause 7, fully returnable to the hirer within five days of the hirer’s vacating the property if no liability for damage has arisen. The current Damage Deposit amount is stated on the Booking Form.
vii) The Property is in a quiet village location. The hirer will ensure that all members of the hirer’s party pay due respect to neighbouring property occupiers and will not cause nuisance or disturbance by noise, keeping late (or early hours) or allowing their vehicles to cause obstruction to permitted
8) The owner and/or caretaker is allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during your stay.
9) The Roost reserves the right not to accept a booking without giving a reason, and to refuse entry if any of the booking conditions is not met.
10) The Roost is a strictly no smoking property.
11) Complaints. Our policy is to deal with complaints as soon as they arise, both promptly and in a positive manner. Should something go wrong, or you wish to give feedback or raise a complaint, please contact us immediately, since it is often difficult to investigate or deal with complaints once you have returned home. Therefore, regrettably, The Roost is unable to accept complaints or claims once a holiday is completed. This does not affect your legal rights.
12) The use of the Property and any facilities is entirely at the risk of the hirer and their party. No liability is accepted for loss, damage, sickness or injury, howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to any member of the party, any car, its contents or any possessions of the party. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that their party are fully aware of all booking conditions and have appropriate holiday insurance in place. This does not exclude liability which cannot by law be excluded.
14) The owner’s address for written contact is not the Property address. The contact address for the owner is the address of the owner, shown on the website and booking form. Payments by post and notices from the hirer with regard to the contract or booking will only be accepted at the owner’s address.
16) The agreement formed of the website and terms and conditions, and concluded upon the owner’s acceptance of the hirer’s booking and deposit, is governed by English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.